Monday 29 December 2014

35 weeks ramblings....


Merry Christmas and (almost) happy New Years! I hope you all had a lovely holiday, ours has been lovely so far, Mike has been home since the 23rd and has been working like a mad man on the basement. He wants to get framing done before babe comes as it's LOUD, and it really is, I agree with him, I have read a lot because it's to loud for T.V!

So far babe is looking amazing still, she sure is getting big! I can feel her in my whole belly now, and my lungs, pelvis, lower back...She has sleep and wake cycles and some days she is busier than others which I find so cute :)

Her little feet are usually on the right side of my belly, and if I lay my arms on my tummy she kicks me...this happens so often that it almost feels bruised from the inside...which is fun, but not as much fun as when she drops and wiggles her head in my pelvis and I get shooting pains in my groin and legs...Sigh. Despite all the pain and uncomfortableness I must say pregnancy is pretty cool, it's amazing to think that I am growing a tiny human inside me, and that in a little over a month we will be able to kiss and hold and cuddle and touch her. I don't think there is anything more powerful than this journey. It's amazing. I am definitely getting slower and more uncomfortable however, stairs are horrible, as is bending over, chores etc. I am still able to do a lot but I need to listen to my tired body and take a lot of breaks. I was even able to shave my legs today, take that almost 9 months pregnant body!!!

Today I decided that I was only going to get bigger so I took down the tree and Christmas decorations, Mike was a little shocked as normally they are up until February (My husband is a patient and loving man). I figured I could leave them up until after babe comes but with my luck we will get a terrible sleeper and I will be to drained to take them down until the summer. :)

I almost feel like my tummy isn't getting that much bigger, but I know when I go to work on Friday the girls there will be able to see the growth...but to me it's just so gradual and I am still semi-comfortable (give it time, I know).

I am still working on the curtains for the nursery, but once those are done and up I will be able to post some pictures of it. I really love how it has turned out, it's a beautiful, calm and pretty space and I loved dreaming it up and creating it with Mike :)

Vent time: At 35 weeks a baby is not full term, so telling a mama that she has "dropped" and will have the baby anytime will likely get you "dropped to the ground" (unless you are the person who actually has said this to me..who has been only gently scolded as she's cute and excited and I love her). The thought of this little one coming "any time" makes me panic, she's not ready. I know she would be fine, but her immune system and lungs and fat growth isn't yet complete so she needs to stay put and cook for at least 3-4 more weeks. So no-one say this to me please, it's not nice. And everyone else pray that she comes out when she is good and ready in 3-4 weeks...no sooner please baby K.

Hope y'all are good :)

<3 Kass

Ps: I have been informed that the groin pains and leg cramps are called "Lightening crotch" which sounds kind of snazzy and cool, except they hurt like H E double hockey sticks. So to all my peeps, if I gasp, and start side lunging while whimpering in pain it's okay, I just have some lightening crotch and will hopefully be okay shortly. Damn cute (but mean) baby and her head dipping into my pelvis. Lucky I love her so much already.

No comments: