Saturday 3 January 2015

Nursery reveal!

I AM FINALLY DONE THE NURSERY!!! I am so excited, and pretty delighted with how it turned out :) Here are some pictures that I took so y'all can see it to! I am sure Mike is glad it's done, he's done a lot of hanging pictures and curtains and helping me paint and remove tile etc :) Such a good Daddy already :)
 I love the curtains and I feel like they break up the purple in the room, which is lovely but was a lot. 


 Note the baby doll in the crib, it's so we can get the pups used to us holding a baby that cries, they are doing great with it! Charlie lays down and looks sad and Tasha sits there looking confused! 
 Blanket ladder, I am sure Mike will fix it to the wall once baby K starts moving, my Grandma made the red noah quilt and the yellow crochet blanket, I love them :) 

 Her name will go above the cross once we agree on a spelling, we may be getting closer :) 
 Our mobile! Really, Christmas ornaments painted the colours I wanted and hung on a mobile thing that Mike and I made, super easy and I just love it! 
 Our forward facing book shelves (apparently they encourage babes to read, which I love) They are ready for books :) 
 My little end table with Babes first Bible, Aunt Jackies apple and the duck from Grandma :) She's spoiled already! 


 Our little trolly, Mike loves this item when he saw it in a friends nursery, I have loved it forever but didn't think he would love the $60 price tag...apparently he didn't mind it at all :) 
 I was able to refinish one of Mike's old dressers (that I hated and have wanted to refinish for ever) I am really happy with how it turned out, and if we have a boy we will just change out the knobs! Mental note, we need to attach the change pad to the dresser :) 
 Our lovely nursing chair with the bunny from Grandpa K :) I love it, so comfy and Tasha loves sitting behind it, Charlie sits right where she is, I have a feeling they will be attached to this baby. 
 The crib quilt, once we decide on a spelling of the name I will applique it to the bit in the middle that looks empty; I am pleased with how it turned out. 
 Our refinished crib and the quilt. My friend Kristi gave us the crib, but I wanted a grey one so we refinished it with Benjamin More Natura paint and a food grade sealant on top, I figure that was the safest route as babes eat cribs :) Also, I made the crib skirt, super easy, measure, cut, finish the ends and literally tack it to the base of the crib.
So there it is, I love it, it's my favourite room in the house and feels calm and lovely. So excited to show the baby, although Mike points out that she would be happy anywhere as long as she has me and my boobs for the first bit :) 

OH I forgot a picture of the Chandelier light...next blog post ;) 

<3 Kass


No comments: