Sunday 22 January 2012

Valentine's decorations and yummy food!

I don't know if y'all know this but I LOVE decorating my office...it makes my work space happy and inviting and I find, that when work is killing me, it makes it a little more bearable. The next "holiday" is Valentines day...and so I have decorated. This is somewhat surprising because I have always thought Valentines day was silly (I even wrote a essay on it in school). HOWEVER, I do enjoy it a little more now...perhaps because I have a reason to celebrate. NOW that's not to say that I don't think that we should do lovely things for those we love all year, in fact I try to make sure that I do nice things for Mike to show him my love on'de'regular, however it is nice to celebrate it officially once a year. Here are some pictures.


 If you notice, between the Valentines decorations is my ACSW registration certificate (*social workers unite*), and autographed pictures of two of the Calgary Roughnecks (thank's baby).
 I love the hot pink sparkly love word...so fun :)
 This is my favorite area of my office, so festive.
 To remind me...that Love is all I need?
 My desk, I love how busy it looks.
 My "Ring for a hug" bell. I don't work with creepy people so having this in my office has not been a problem.
 My door wreath.
 Cute!!
You can't decorate without a banner. 
Today my Mama made pork chops for dinner. She was making my dad's with shake and bake, which I can't have so I had to get creative with seasoning. I went through my moms spice drawer (slim pickings batman). I manged to find Lemon pepper, white pepper, garlic powder and ginger powder. I sprinkled those on each side of the chop and my mama baked it for me (in a separate little pan and everything to avoid cross contamination, so freaking sweet). I wash shocked at how good these were, I was even chewing the last little bits off the bone like an animal...so not like me but so delish! I will be making these for Mike asap..

Hope 2012 is amazing for you
<3 Kass

No comments: