Saturday 17 May 2014

Book review; Women Food and God by Geneen Roth



This wonderful books is our book club selection this month. I was excited to start reading it, cause really, I am a woman who loves food and God, so...total fit :) I must admit that I do struggle to get through these kinds of books (probably doesn't help that I am reading every pregnancy and conception etc book I can get my obsessed little hands on just IN CASE we are preggo). At times I would drift off, but I have cut back on caffeine, again, just in case.

I loved the message of this book, and not just towards eating. It talks a lot about our inner voice and the negative things it says (if you could hear what mine said while looking through wedding pictures you would likely smack me). And just really acknowledging what it is saying, realising that it has no control over your present life, which then takes it's power away and lets you move forward and be present in your life instead of being stuck in the past. When you are present you can pay attention to why you are eating again when you aren't hungry, or shopping, or doing something else. You can question what you are trying to ignore, painful feelings, your past etc and then take steps to acknowledge and address those feelings. These feelings and the desire to numb them are really why we over (anything really). Interesting stuff.

What are y'all reading?
<3 Kass


No comments: