Sunday 12 June 2011

All done!!!

My friend's K and D have an amazing son, whom I love very very much. He is a pretty amazing kid and I got to attend his baptism today! It was lovely and I feel honoured that I was invited to attend the celebration! For little W's baptism present I decided that he would receive the first quilt I made ever! (which means it's no where near perfect but pretty darn good if I do say so myself!!


Here are some pictures...



I am pretty happy with how this turned out, and it's very soft with varied textures! Now it's time to start on my next quilt (I wont be able to blog about it here with pictures until I give it to the parents of the babe that I am making it for, as it is a surprise. But I promise...It.Is.Going.To.Be.Epic!

Also for the baptism I made some cupcakes, I recently bought a new gluten free cupcake cookbook and K requested some Pina Colada cupcakes... I loved the cake for these cupcakes (coconut flour, white chocolate chips, coconut and finely chopped dried pineapple), but the icing was just okay...I think next time I would do a coconut butter cream or at the very least reduce the amount of coconut oil in the icing mixture. Either way here are some pictures.




Apparently they were a hit because they were gone quickly (which is always delightful!)

After the BBQ and K and D's, K and I went to the Drumheller Wal-Mart, I love Wal-Mart...mostly because each one has different fabric! However Fabric was not the purchase that brought tears to my eyes... these were!



THESE ARE GLUTEN FREE CHEX....IN CANADA.....CHEX.....IN CANADA....I am so excited about this, I literally teared up (this is normal...food makes me cry all the time). I googled it and found out that Rice Chex and Honey Nut Chex are now in Canada from now on!!!!! Which is amazing news for those with Gluten intolerance/Celiac disease...cause these cereals are delish. (now my BF can share my cereal guilt free!!!!)

This weekend was amazing...I hope that you guys had an amazing one too!


<3 Kass

No comments: