Tuesday 14 June 2011

Lets start a riot!

I have not even blogged about one of my biggest passions yet...why? Because I couldn't even think about it without wanting to cry. I live in Canada, Canada's national support is Lacrosse, I live in Calgary, Calgary's Lacrosse team is amazing, top of the league this year. Calgary was at risk of loosing it's Lacrosse team, has been since January. Despite this threat looming over the players heads they managed to be top of the league, they showed to every game (despite not being paid for a time) and fought, and smiled and proved to the fans how amazing each and every one of them are. They made it to the finals...and hosted the Championship game, I was so excited but I couldn't be fully happy because in the back of my mind I kept thinking that this could be the last game the team played in Calgary (at that time the rumour was that there were no Calgary buyers but external interest in owning the franchise). When they lost I was devastated...I have seen them loose before, and loose Championship games...before I was able to say "next year", this time I wasn't so sure. So I cried, not a tear or two, but a full on ugly cry in the middle of the Dome..it was embarrassing but I was assured that I was not the only one. At that time all I could do was hope and pray that the Flame's owner Ken King came through...

Today is June 14th, and he has....The Roughnecks are now owned by the Flames!!! This makes me happy because it means we will have a National Lacrosse League in Calgary for years to come. Needless to say I am a very happy girl, I am not able to listen to Metalica's Enter the Sandman without getting tears in my eyes, now all I do is smile. I cannot wait until January when the season starts again...never mind that, I can't wait to buy my season's tickets!!!


<3 Kass

No comments: