Tuesday 7 June 2011

Birthday fun!!

Sorry I haven't blogged in a while, it was my birthday!!!! All the fun an festivities kept me from the computer, however I am back now so you can stop worrying!


I should probably catch you up on my progress on the quilt! The quilt top is done and I am planning tomorrow to make my little quilt sandwich and start quilting! However, accomplishing this was not without complications, I ditzed out at one point and sewed a square that has words on it upside down....I was so sad and defeated because I didn't think I could fix it with out ripping apart the whole quilt...I mentioned it to the bf and he suggested I just remove the 1 square, and sew it back in the right way, at first I thought I couldn't do that but the more I thought about it I realized that he is a genius, and thus my quilt surgery began!

  And here is a picture of it all fixed!


Now, onto other things, my bf is sneaky, he tried to trick me into thinking that he didn't get me what I thought he got me for my birthday...in order to do this he sent me this picture.

Which is a super cute picture that I love, however it totally threw me off of what he got me for my birthday (success, he even has a video on his phone of his roommate opening this gift and laughing cause it was a trick).

In the end this is what my super amazing keeper of a boyfriend decided to spoil me with for my birthday.... brace yourself, cause this shit is beautiful!


                                               EEEEEKKKKK don't you love her!!!

Now because he's so amazing I decided to bake him some cupcakes that include bacon, he has been asking for them for awhile and I was itching to use my mixer so we started baking, here is the finished product.



They were pretty good, the cake could have been sweeter but I can fix that next time :) (I used the Kinnikinik's chocolate cake mix, which was very moist and impressive..)

Here is a picture of the bf cleaning up for me after, apparently the icing was good. (Isn't he the cutest?!...umm I mean the sexiest, manliest man around ;) )



I also decided that you guys should see my amazing stove, it's fantastic, even has wood paneling...makes me feel like I am cooking with a station wagon ;)


   At least my dish cloths and oven mitts are cute....



                                                                          Thanks all
                                                                            <3 Kass

No comments: