Monday 3 October 2011

Me a Wino?! Nah....

Wine is delicious, and Dr. Oz say's that a serving a day is healthy for me! So I drink it, a "small" glass almost daily. However this can be a pricey habit, so when my friend J advised me that you can make wine in stores in B.C for super cheap I was really excited! (I don't have the room to make wine at home...nor do I want my house to smell). So about 2 months ago Jocelyn went to B.C and put the "yeast" in our kit, and we went this past weekend to bottle it. I really liked the process, it's a mom'n'pop operation and they are very sweet. If I could work there I totally would (and make the same money that I make now... unlikely?) 
Here is where we went.

Moberly Homebrew 2002 
1106 10th Ave N RR 2, Golden, BC V0A 1H2(250) 344-7300 



 Our drying station after sanitizing the bottles.
 The "high tec" bottling thingy that we used.
 First box.
 We made 2 different kinds and split them.
Overall I am very happy with the taste of the wine, we got around 56 bottles and the price worked out to $6.30 per bottle, not bad hey!

Happy sipping
<3 Kass

No comments: