Monday 21 May 2012

If eating Mini gluten free blueberry pies for lunch is wrong....I'm wrong and it's delicious!

Mike is away, he went camping, I stayed in Calgary to volunteer at church and see my Grandpa (who was also camping all weekend...sigh). I honestly surprised at how much I missed Mike. Normally I love my alone time....yearn for it actually. But I think I love my alone time if I am able to see Mike now...kinda different, and very cool, must mean that I love the man. 

Anyhoo, enough of that sappy crap. When I am alone all weekend I do many things...I shop, knit, do my nails, cook, bake, clean, walk the puppy, facebook, watch movies/tv, sleep, dream up quilting projects and in general just chill. 

This weekend was no different. Friday went shopping with Mike so he could get ready for camping and I could get ready for cooking. Saturday I baked Mike cookies for camping and then went for lunch with my Rebek, then dropped the cookies off to Mike, then grocery shopped and then went home and....brace yourself...relaxed. 

Sunday I volunteered at church and then made a huge pot of Chili, Meat Loaf and potatoes, and beef and veggie stew, then I cleaned up... (my Kitchen was a nightmare. I also did my nails and worked on the snake that I am knitting (I will show you a preview in my next post). 

TODAY I baked!! I love baking, and I love mini things, so I combined them into 
GLUTEN FREE MINI PIES!! 

I used Celimix Pastry blend (based in Winnipeg company, pretty darn tasty)

 Smushed the dough into a cupcake tin to make little bowls.

 Added the filling, I ran out of blueberry but I had some cherry in the fridge that I needed to use up so it worked out perfectly.
 Then I made little tops for some of them (ran out of dough...oops). I baked them for 12 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. 
 Just a tip, when taking them out of the tin, use a knife to start to life them up (run it along the side and gently push up until you can see the bottom of the pie on the other side) THEN gently slide it on to a big spoon (or something). I broke 2 before I learned this...which was sad.


LOOK HOW CUTE IT IS!!!!
I also made Kale chips... Surprisingly tasty...easy too. There is a recipe on Dr. Oz's website


So that is my weekend so far :)
Hope yours is amazing
<3 Kass

No comments: