Thursday 1 September 2011

September!

I cannot believe that is officially September...it's shocking to me. Here in Calgary it is also bloody cold, like 6 degree's overnight! I however am stubborn, and am refusing to turn my furnace back on (It's WAY to soon, and I like my $50 enmax bills). This just means I am wearing more clothes (much to Mike's dismay) and need warming up at night (Tasha has done this the past few nights...lame sauce).

Today was an interesting day, first off, my coffee pot broke, I bought this little puppy 5 years ago for $10 and it just broke today...and even then just the pot part! So I invested $40 and got a new, bigger one, I am pretty excited to use it tomorrow morning, (It's all set up to go on at 7:20). The one thing that made me sad is the lack of pretty colored coffee pots in Canada. In the U.S.A, Target sells pretty burgundy ones...here I had to settle for black...next time I head to the states a pretty one is coming home with me though.

Today Calgary also introduced a "Distracted Driving Law" which says that you aren't allowed to touch your phone/i pod/read/groom etc while driving. I will admit I have texted in the car before and today it was weird to not touch my phone when it made my little message sound... I don't know why it took the law change to make me stop, especially since the little tart who rear-ended me in 2009 did it because she was texting and not paying attention...Stupidity I guess. Either way I am going to be a good girl from now on!

Here is a picture of the lovely Fritata (Mike calls it an omelet) that I made for dinner Tuesday, I put Spinach, Mushrooms, Tomato's and Taco seasoning in it! OH and Southwestern Cheese!

Delish

<3 Kass

No comments: