Saturday 2 August 2014

Secret blog post number 2

Written May 22nd 2014 (4 weeks one day pregnant).

Yesterday was 4 weeks apparently, try explaining that to your confused and tired husband when we have not even been married for 4 weeks. It went something like this:

 Me:    “honey we are 4 weeks pregnant today, lets watch the video”.
 Mike:    “We haven’t even been married for 4 weeks, that’s not right”
 Me:    “yes it is, they start counting from the first day of my last period, it says so in all my books”
 Mike:    “I don’t believe it, tell me what the doctor says”

As he rolls over, in fairness this conversation happened at 5 am I believe, so he was justified in being tired and grumpy.

So far pregnancy is pretty good, my boobs are killing me and I am hungry all the time, but not nauseous so that’s lucky.Eating is the hard part, or at least knowing what to eat. I want a tuna fish sandwich today. Here are the concerns about this meal. Tuna, I can’t have it often because of the mercury, so this will be a treat. I put Mayo in the tuna usually, however had to research if this was safe due to egg whites in the mayo. What I have determined is that store bought is stable and therefore safe, home made is a no no. So I will eat my sandwich today!

I am so excited to be able to post these secret blogs, waiting to tell people is killing me…I am curious to see how book club goes Friday, some of the girls have asked if we are pregnant and I ignored the questions (over facebook, sorry Crystal). I am trying to keep it a secret for Mike but I have already told him how weak I am about it and that the girls might smile and question it out of me Friday (in all fairness they are my girls, and I love them so much and they feel like family honestly, so I figure its fine as long as they keep hush hush). Update; they were so good, and didn't even try to question it out of me, however I am sure at least some of them know...

There is a chance Mike want to tell more people sooner, like my parents (if we see them, which we don’t a lot in the spring/summer, and his parents and brothers…we will see, not sure how it will all play out.


<3 Kass

No comments: