Sunday 24 August 2014

17 Weeks!

Hey all! 

So this week baby K is the size of a turnip/onion or the palm of your hand! I told Mike this and he feels that this means the baby is huge! I would have to agree with him because my baby belly popped for sure this week; there is no denying it at all anymore :). Overall I feel pretty good, still super tired, sleeping okay, not sick at all really. The most significant change that has happened this week would be my appetite I think, this baby is SO hungry, I am waking up at 5 am starving even if I have a healthy snack (cottage cheese, sausage and cheese, fruit/veggies or something like that) before bed! The only challenge with this is I have to take my Thyroid med on an empty stomach, I am not  willing to mess around and take it on a half empty stomach so I have been taking it at 5 am when I wake up with a big glass of water and then having a snack thirty minutes later (unless I fall back asleep). 

I think my biggest craving has been running...seriously, all I think about is going for a brisk jog on the treadmill. I decided to try it yesterday and was pleased with myself. As soon as I got pregnant it was like the baby stole my cardio, I would get out of breath walking or getting dressed, everything was hard. I expected the same thing to happen yesterday...it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought! I walked for 5 minutes at 3 mph, then jogged at 4.5 mph for a minute (could have gone longer but I don't want to push it to much to soon) and then walked for two minutes, ran for one etc. All in all my workout was only 22 minutes (the length of a Corner Gas episode), however I am proud that my body is able to run again, it felt so good. I am sore today, mostly in my lower back and my feet but I am hoping to jog tomorrow as well if I can...I am working late so that may block it. 

I also think I will start going back to my gym, I haven't been able to go as they don't have air conditioning and I am physically unable to handle heat anymore (literally takes my breath away), but since it's cooler I may start heading there over the lunch hour again, this I am hoping will increase my energy again because currently by 2-3 I need a nap/coffee to stay awake..its always coffee that I reach for too :) So hopefully next week will bring more jogging and workouts at my beloved gym! I am pretty excited and daydreaming about it already...

Hope y'all are doing amazing! 

Also, I may have felt baby move yesterday....still not 100% sure but there was something going on and it wasn't gas or needing to use the bathroom related; So that's beyond exciting! 

<3 Kass

No comments: