Sunday 21 August 2011

Making the cut!

Hey! 
I wanted to update y'all on the (tiny) progress that I am making on one of my projects! I have finally started working on the quilt that I am making for my friends who are getting married in September! I even ironed all the fabric (apparently a must in quilting). Here are some pictures! 


 All the fabric pre-cut!
 I had to separated the fabrics into "Light" and "Dark" piles... (The friends I am making this for have already seen this picture so me posting this is okay).
 Don't they look so pretty all cut up and perfect! Mike was commenting on how perfect the squares were while I was working on it! I just have to cut up the white fabric (and buy more) and then I am ready to start sewing! Which is super exciting!
 Today was 30 degrees in Calgary, so warm and lovely, all three of my girls look hot though don't they? Tasha is the puppy, Amri is the dark grey kitty and Lucy is the one you can only slightly see behind the table! If Mike's pup Charlie was in this picture it would be perfect!
Have you ever fallen in love with a piece of jewelry? I was shopping with Mike and I fell in love with this necklace, which is weird because I don't love bronze/gold usually, but I die for this! Isn't it the prettiest!

I am a little sad cause I have to go back to work tomorrow after two weeks off...however I have to pay the bills. Thank God I love my job hey!

Hope you guys had an amazing weekend!


No comments: