Friday 19 August 2011

Where I am today.

Today is the last work day of my holiday and I have to work for a few hours. I am not super happy about this but I am excited because what I need to do today is the best part of my job, so it will be good.

I had a great vacation overall and I am quite relaxed and ready to take on work and all of its crazy busy days. I was hoping to get more quilting done then I did these past two weeks, in face, I haven't touched it....which is scary cause one of the quilts is for a wedding gift for a wedding I am attending on the 3rd. However EB is sweet and I am sure she will be okay with the quilt coming after her honeymoon! :) (Right?!).

However I did get a lot done on Johnny's little blanket, here is the updated picture.

I am almost half way through the 4 set of blocks! This little blanket is super labour intensive, but so worth it because it's gorgeous!

Another project that I finished was the bench for little Tasha to use to get in an out of bed. Here are the pictures for that (I can't take full credit though, my dad cut the wood and routered the edges and Grandpa helped with stapling the fabric a little bit :)

 I had to figure out how to spray paint the legs without making a huge mess, so I fastened them to a cardboard box!
 Brilliant hey! Mike was proud :)
 My dad let me use a drill AND a stapler thing that is hooked up to the compressor, this has never happened in my 27 years of existence, I am normally banned from power tools...
 All done, certainly not professional but "Good enough" as Mike said, he also loved the fabric, said it was perfect and so "you". We have renamed it "plum camo" just in case it's ever in a room he calls his own in the future.
 Perfect match hey!
It works!!! A little wobbly but I might Velcro it to the bed or something :) I think it looks just perfect!

I think I may start quilting tomorrow morning...Maybe? At the very least I will iron the fabric! (Mike make me do this tonight after dinner please, your little lady needs some motivation).

Hope things are delightful in your world!

<3 Kass

No comments: