Friday 27 May 2011

Dear Lord this place is amazing!

My friend B recently told me about an amazing restaurant that she went to with her husband, she was excited to tell me because it is ridiculously gluten free friendly, they even have a gluten free cheesecake!!! So B and I set a girl date for today to go and check it out, it's in Calgary where the old "Flight Deck" was, it's called the Stonehill Restaurant....

Initially I was struck by the beauty of the restaurant (and I only saw the Tavern), it's gorgeous, with dark wood and high ceilings, stunning, even the bathroom was pretty. Our server was amazing and very friendly and I was shocked with how many options I had that were gluten free. B was very sweet and ordered her mushroom and arugula flat bread gluten free so I could try it too, I had the Penne Chorizo Bolognese and Parmesan cheese.  It was amazing! Here is a link to the menu! http://stonehillrestaurant.com/uploads/file/Stonehill%20Tavern%20&%20Lunch%20Menu%20Jan%202011.pdf

I of course took some pictures!
 I apologize, I forgot to wait and take a picture before I started eating!

 So good, Couldnt' even tell it was gluten free :)

This cheesecake was amazing, I cant even describe it, best I have ever had easily.

I love this place, and I will be back again and again, I have actually booked my birthday dinner there...so excited!!!!

No comments: