Saturday 28 May 2011

I finally started cutting!

I have recently become interested in quilting, it is truly amazing what people can do these days, so I went and bought a quilting kit from Wal-Mart, with my favorite little man W in mind :) However the kit has sat for sometime un-cut, partly because the size of blanket it would make is to small and partly because I was scared to start. So I went and bought some extra fabric, threw out the original pattern, designed one myself and started cutting, then I started placing things here and there and piecing it all together; currently the pieces are pinned to the batting...(I am not brave enough yet to start sewing)...and my friend J is giving me a lesson before we go to the quilting exhibition today!

Perhaps I will start sewing this afternoon?

Here are the pictures I have so far, I think it's going to be amazing and it will be big enough to follow him well into a twin bed!

                                                                 Middle panel
                                                                   Bigger picture

                                                                  center of the quilt
                                                             Taken from up on a chair
On the side :)

So there it is, I will keep you updated on the progression of the quilt.

<3 Kass

No comments: