Sunday 24 July 2011

Epicness

In the two years that I have been on the gluten free diet I have not had wings in a restaurant..or really any decent wings at all. Imagine my delight when my friend Rose informed me that the Voodoo Lounge has a wide array of gluten free wings!!! I didn't believe it so I called ahead and was told that there are about 50 flavors of gluten free wings there and they had a dedicated gluten free deep fryer!!! Thankfully I have some amazing friends who were willing to drive across the city so that I could eat too! I think I ordered 40 wings, (disgusting I know, I probably ate 30..HOWEVER I had not had wings in 2 years so please don't judge!!). I ordered Chipotle BBQ, Butter Chicken, Voodoo and another flavour, can't remember which one right now! Here are some pictures of the damage.


 All 8 flavours lines up!
The Bones!!

Another exciting development is happening in my house! Amri (my Bitch cat as I lovingly call her) doesn't hate Mike as much as normal!!! Here are two pictures of him being allowed to pet her for 2 minutes...at which point she remembered her meanness and swatted at him :( (Thankfully Mike is an animal lover, who is patient and knows how much I love my little(huge) Amri).



I really like pretty things lately, and I almost died when I saw these sweet little cups at Dollarama! Aren't they the sweetest little things ever! I bought 6, so now I need to have a coffee or tea party!

Wow, this is a catch up blog post hey!

Today was the baby shower for BR's new little baby, so obviously I took this as an opportunity to bake cupcakes!! I made two kinds.
 Above are the triple chocolate ones, very yummy!
 This is the start of the German Chocolate ones I made using my cute little cupcake thing, those red things make a hole in the cupcakes so that you can "stuff" them with something.  
 For these ones I made a pecan/coconut filling and frosted them with some whipped chocolate ganache and some shredded coconut. My friend BR texted me after eating hers and advised me that they were the "best cupcakes ever" which is a HUGE compliment because she is an incredible baker, her delightful and talented at baking sister asked me to set aside a second for her so I am very proud of myself. (Don't worry Mike, there is one in the fridge for you :) ).
 Here is the final product for BR's present! So cute and it went over smashingly.

Such a cute idea right, not my idea but so cute I had to share!

Hope y'all are good!
<3 Kass

No comments: