Monday 18 July 2011

Sweet Lord these are good!

I cannot for the life of me find a decent gluten free bun, bread yes...buns...nope :( Mike asked me last night if I wanted to go to a BBQ tomorrow, I always like BBQ's but they make me sad because the buns I can eat are gross. So I decided to take matters into my own hands...and bake some! I recently bought a book called "Gluten free cupcakes" by Elena Amsterdam; in this book there was a recipe for garlic cheese muffins. I decided that I would tweak this recipe and try to make buns with it instead.

Here is the recipe

1 1/4 cup Almond flour
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 tsp xanthan gum
1 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp olive oil
2 eggs
garlic (to taste)
Cheese (to taste)
tbsp of water.

pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Mix dry ingredients, whip egg and olive oil and add this to the dry mixture. I added a bit of water so the mixture wasn't so thick. Add garlic and cheese and mix well. Then I shaped the buns and put them on a cookie sheet that I sprayed with Pam.

I baked these until a toothpick came out clean, around 20 minutes.

Here are some pictures.



These are so good, now they don't have the texture of normal break but they aren't dry and heavy like most gluten free bread...and the flavour...I am in heaven! Totally worth baking when it's 30 degree's out...so hot!!

<3 Kass

No comments: