Sunday 17 July 2011

Upgrading!

Today was an exciting today, because today I was able to bid farewell to my old, yellow, 1970's, duct taped, wood paneled stove and fridge! I am loving the look of the new appliances so much that I want to cook my little butt off (or on, depending on who eats all my cooking....that's a hint to my sexy boyfriend to come help me eat ; ) )...

Here are some pictures!
 I sent this picture to the boyfriend so he could be excited about the fact that my new appliances were here!
 This fridge is so much bigger then the old one!!

 It looks empty, It looks like a bachelor fridge...this stuff was in the old fridge and filled it right up!
 Here is a pic of the stove, not all set up yet...
OH! MK tested the stove once it was set up, this thing gets stupid hot in like 5 seconds...I forgot to buy a range hood thing...which I need to get ASAP as I anticipate that I will burn a lot of things while I get used to the awesome heating power of this stove....notice the flat top...makes me drool.
 So I go to plug my new stove in and realize that the morons (I mean previous owners) of my place put the plug thing in backwards...in order to plug the stove in I would have to crunch the cord..not something I wanted to do, so I had to flip the outlet 180 degree's to allow for it to work. I texted this problem and this picture to Mike and he said "well plug it in the other way", my response was slightly snotty..."I"m not dense baby, I cant plug it in the other way, I have to flip the outlet but all the wires are tight and I don't want to break it". I think he was impressed that I, #1, knew how to turn off the breaker and #2 knew what was wrong and how to fix it, in fact he called me awesome... and then said he would come over after work to take care of it :) Shortly after my dad called and I explained my hesitation with pulling to hard on the wires, he assured me that they would turn, and not to worry about breaking it so the outlet is now flipped and the stove is plugged in! (Yay super Kass). AND my old range hood is removed because my boyfriend is smart and knows how to remove it...I couldn't figure it out.
 While I was unable to plug in my stove I became very hungry and needed supper, however I had no stove so I had to nuke something. Luckily I had this on hand...so simple and easy and quick and yummy AND gluten free!!!

Other than my stove drama I knitted and relaxed today, I am currently re-going through cook books and picking out recipes!

Hope your Saturday was good!

<3 Kass

No comments: